Crunchy Yogurt Pots

Tuesday 22 May 2018



After all of the decadence of the last few days this morning I am really craving a return to normality.  My hips are screaming at me . . .  "enough already!"  and I can't say that I blame them.  This morning saw me indulging in a simple, plain yet really delicious breakfast. Crunchy Yogurt Pots.


I quite simply adore yogurt.  I started eating it when I was still in highschool. It was a relatively new product at that point and I don't think a lot of people really knew what it was, or even liked it.  I had a small pot of yogurt every day for my lunch all the way through my years in high school on into Secretarial school.  


I think I am in love with Greek Yogurt most of all.  Its thick and creamy and quite delicious. Yogurt's health properties are also prett impressive when you look at it just on it's own. It can boost the immune system, prevent yeast infections, lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.



Rich in calcium, it is good for building bones and it has also been found to have a preventative and curative effect on arthritis. Because it kills the bacteria on your tongue, it can also help to prevent halitosis, or as it is more commonly known . . .  bad breath!


Many people have also found that it can help to ease ulcers and colitis. Add to that the fact that its delicious and you have something which is really special.  When you add a mix of toasted nuts and oats to it, which also have great health properties such as added calcium, protein and cholesterol lowing properties  . . .



Along with cinnamon, which is also very good for you  . . .  well, you are really onto a winner here!


I like to add a drizzle of honey to mine because not only do I like the natural sweetness of it, but it is also a much healthier option than sugar and has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties amongst many other things.



Altogether this makes for a breakfast that is not only crunchy, sweet and creamy, but that is also quite good for you!  I LIKE!


*Crunchy Yogurt Pots*
Serves 4

 
Quite simply delicious!  

 
3 TBS raw cashew nuts
3 TBS raw almonds
3 TBS raw macadamia nuts
2 TBS large flake oats
4 TBS raisins
1 tsp ground cinnamon
350g Greek yogurt, plain (scant 1 1/2 cups)
liquid honey to serve (optional) 




Coarsely chop the nuts. Heat a dry non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the nuts and oats.  Cook, tossing every 30 seconds or so, for about 3 minutes to lightly toast. Remove from the heat and dump into a bowl.  Add the cinnamon and raisins. Toss together to coat. 


Divide the yogurt between four yogurt glasses. Top each with a quantity of the toasted nut/oat/raisin mixture. If desired drizzle with some honey and serve immediately.



This was so refreshing.  I really enjoyed it this morning.  I think you will too.  Do note that it is not wise to feed honey to the elderly or the very young.  Bon appetit! 



2 comments

  1. My brekkie almost every AM:) Except it's granola.I love a drizzle too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not really fond of milk, so this is how I get my calcium! I make my own granola also! Have done so for years! It’s so much tastier! Xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!