Breakfast for Lunch . . . Egg and Potato Wraps

Thursday 1 December 2011



I've been wanting one of these for days now . . . I know, I'm a naughty girl. I just can't help myself.

These are so easy to make and so very tasty. They don't even have to be all that fattening . . . well, depending on the type of bacon you use . . . and how much oil or butter you use in the pan. I like to use cooking spray. That way I can control it better.



Nicely browned potatoes, onions and peppers . . . lightly seasoned and sprinkled over a nice piece of bacon . . . not too crisp. (The way I like it.) Then topped with some softly scrambled eggs, salsa and cheese and wrapped up in a nice warm tortilla.



Ok . . . so technically you could call this a breakfast burrito . . . I eat mine out of hand, coz I'm a bohemian . . . wild wooded colonial . . . Todd's a Brit through and through, and from the old school. He must have a knife and fork . . . and truth be told, he'd just as soon not have the wrap part of this at all.



Quick, easy and satisfying, and quite, quite tasty.

It's a wrap.



*Egg and Potato Wraps*
For one serving
Printable Recipe

You can increase the amounts according to however many people you are wanting to serve. This is quick easy and tasty!

1 cold cooked potato, coarsely chopped ( peeled or not as you wish)
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 small pepper (green, red, whatever), chopped
salt
pepper
oil or cooking spray
1 thick slice of back bacon (smoked or not, as you wish)
1 large egg, beaten

To serve:
1 warmed flour tortilla
grated cheese
salsa

Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and grease with a bit of oil, about 1 tsp. Add bacon and cook until it's as crisp as you like it. Remove and set aside, keeping it warm. Add the potato, peppers, and onion slices. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are softened and the potato is beginning to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside, keeping warm. Wipe the pan out with some paper toweling. Lightly spray again and then scramble the egg, over medium low heat, just until the egg is cooked through, but still moist.

Take your warm tortilla. Lay the bacon in the middle of it, leaving about a 2 inch space at the bottom end. Cover with the potatoes, and then the eggs. Sprinkle with some cheese and salsa if desired. Wrap snuggly, leaving the top end open.

Eat and enjoy, either in your hands or with a knife and fork. I'm a hand person. Todd . . . well, he's British . . . knife and fork all the way.

Note: if you want, you can add other vegetables to the potatoes for added interest, like chopped courgettes. Nom! Nom! (or even some herbs)



Over in The Cottage today a delicious Holiday Fudge Wreath. Perfect for gift giving if you are so inclined!

7 comments

  1. where has this been all my life!!YUMMO, night night Marie, you're just getting up and I'm just going to bed,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE wraps like this and could eat them ALL day long! What a great idea for me today too, as Malcolm is out all day and this would be perfect for me!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like mixing things up, breakfast for lunch, lunch for breakfast, dinner for lunch! this looks yummy!

    "Eat and enjoy, either in your hands or with a knife and fork. I'm a hand person. Todd . . . well, he's British . . . knife and fork all the way." haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, I know what's going to be on my next grocery list. Thank you for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look delicious dear Marie, nice idea, send you huggs my dear friend, blessings, gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!